Sunday, November 15, 2015

Does attending church really matter?

I am a firm believer that you don't need to go to  church to believe in the Gods or the  Divine. Yes it is a good place to go to be among those who are like minded as yourself, but it's really not necessary. Yes it is nice to go there so your children can be educated about your chosen religion, but I don't think it's truly necessary to attend one every  Sunday.
When I was a  Christian .. yes, hard to believe, but I used to be one. I didn't attend church, but that doesn't mean I didn't believe in God. I didn't attend church because I chose not to, it was my choice to do. Call me Miss Antisocial if you like.
At the time the  Bible was my church. Your God or Gods know what's in your heart. They know of your loyalty to them and how you feel about them. Prayers work wonderful!
They hear your prayers, they know everything they need to know. So they will know if your stuck at work and can't make it to church, or the weather is absolutely horrible and your unable to attend Sunday services.
One of the ladies at work told me that a good Christian always goes to church no matter what. I disagree because you know what.. not everyone is able to go to church. So if someone is homebound and can't go to church physically, does that mean they are a bad person?

No comments:

Post a Comment