Tuesday, September 22, 2015

RIP Miss Lily

This Sunday past, Miss Lily passed away in the arms of her Grandma (my mom). I had just buried Master Oscar on Saturday and on Monday I had to bury Miss Lily among the rose bushes. She was active all day Saturday, jumping around her cage and munching on carrots. By Saturday night she was laying on the bottom of her cage unmoving.
I looked around online and found out that lop eared bunnies only live to around 6 years old. Lily was well over 6 years old at the time of her death. My sister also did some looking around and talking to people who had told her that bunnies can have strokes or heart attacks at any time and for no reason.
All of the pets in the house are seniors, Lily was the youngest of them all. I have a brand new bag of rabbit food that I literally had just opened. I'm going to see if I can find a rescue group for bunnies who can use it. I would hate to have to throw it away. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment