Wednesday, May 20, 2015

The health benefits of pumpkin seeds

With Halloween right around the corner from us I thought I would share something with you all about my favorite Halloween snack. Roasted Pumpkin Seeds!
After you carve your Jack O Lantern what do you do with the seeds.. do you dump them out with the rest of the slimy insides or do you roast them?
Not only do they taste good, but they are healthy for you.
Those small seeds are chocked full of magnesium which is good for your heart and blood pressure, there is zinc that will help to boost your immune system and for helping to control diabetes.
When I do my pumpkin seeds, I turn the oven onto 300 and let it heat up as I
prepare the seeds.
I place a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet and in a bowl I melt butter and dump the seeds in and coat them, then I spread the buttered seeds out on to the cookie sheet.
Then I sprinkle just a small bit of salt on them to taste and place them in the oven.
My mom used to bake them for about 15 minutes, but I bake them until they are golden brown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment