Monday, January 12, 2015

It's hard to forgive someone who gave you so much to remember...

I was having a conversation with someone at work today about people who have done us wrong in the past. She is of the mind set that forgive and forget. Meaning she'll forgive you, but she'll also forget about you in the process.
She told me about an abusive ex and how he was great in the beginning, but at the end it was a mess. She also said that her family and his expected her to forgive him because he was her husband. That's two sick families right there.. In my opinion.
After she told me about her past and said that she'll forgive and forget I made a comment and the room was quiet. "It's hard to forget someone who gave you so much to remember."
I have no one that I'm trying to forget btw this was about her. She said that she'll never forget the good that they had, but the bad she will forget and move on. Can you forgive someone who gave you so much to remember?


No comments:

Post a Comment