Thursday, May 01, 2014

National Day of Prayer

There are many religions in the world and they all celebrated The National Day or Prayer yesterday. This is a day when people turn to their chosen Gods in the forms of prayer and meditation. All denominations use prayer as a means of communication. From Wiccans, Pagans, Christians to Muslims, Hindus, and Jews. The list goes on and on.

I personally, am Pagan. I have some Christian friends who are shocked that I even pray. I have told numerous of them that just because our religions are different, we all pray to our chosen Gods in time of need and when we just want to thank them for being there for me and loving me.

When I awoke yesterday it as with a smile on my face, not only was I feeling grateful for the abundance of blessings in my life, but I was thankful just to be able to wake up and be grateful! Most of my day was spent writing for various writing sites that I belong to as well as updating my blog. I have a candle lit when I write that is dedicated to my Gods and every time I posted something I sent up a prayer of thanks.
At bed time is when I usually do my meditation, I know other's feel it's best to do it when your not tired, but when I do meditate I tend to fall asleep, so I just do it at bedtime. To be honest I will go to bed at 8 and fall asleep two hours later so meditation before bed works for me.
You don't have to go to church or belong to a specific religion to use the power of prayer. Prayer will work for anyone and everyone as long as you speak the words in your heart. Your chosen Ones will hear you and bless you three fold.

No comments:

Post a Comment