Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Peppermint

Last Christmas I found some cute lil candy cane trees that I could hang on the tree. Out of the 6 pack, I have 3 left.
I love the smell of peppermint, heck I just love it period, the taste and the scent are fantastic.
I love to get a bottle of water and break up a candy cane, then I dump the cane into the water bottle and watch it dissolve in the water. Not only is the water flavored, it has a hin of color to it as well.
You can make a tasty peppermint tea in the same way sun tea is made: Gather up about 2c of fresh peppermint leaves, and place them in a gallon of water. Allow the tea to steep outside in the sun until fully blended. Add a bit of sweetner to sweeten it for drinking.
You can add a candy cane to a cup of hot cocoa for  a yummy holiday drink or use one to stir a cup of coffee. I've done both and they are quite good.. but then again I'm the kind of person who enjoys experimenting with her food.. trying different things to see what I come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment